Smart Building Wireless Sensor Networks
Energy, Lighting, Safety, Security, Asset Management
ON World Differentiators:
* Decades of industry experience
* Primary research investigation
* Technology expertise
* Actionable data
* Customized to your needs
Customized Market Research Data:
ON World's market research is used by Fortune 1000 companies, investors, startups and developers worldwide.
Our datasets include market size forecasts, ecosystem surveys and other market data, customized to your specific needs.
Delivery format: Excel, PPT
**Request a Free Sample**
As adoption for Internet of Things solutions accelerates worldwide, low power wireless technologies are enabling unique smart building applications and emerging enterprise IoT services.
Providing building-wide wireless mesh networks, room-level controls, battery-less systems and emerging solutions enabled by Low Power Wide Area Networks, there are dozens of new entrants .
Today, LPWAN technologies are disrupting existing wireless sensing and M2M technologies with low cost radios that are capable of ten-mile ranges with 10-year battery lifetimes.
But the distinct advantage of LPWANs over incumbent wireless technologies is that end node complexity is off loaded to the cloud, simplifying installation, maintenance, application development and system integration.
Demand for smart building solutions has overcome challenges over the last two years due to the pandemic.In addition to traditional markets such as energy management, lighting controls and security, there has been rapid growth for emerging markets such as air quality monitoring, ventilation, contact tracing and asset tracking.
The available market opportunity for smart buildings is enormous with today's connected devices making up only 2% of the total potential 30 billion devices. There will be 332.8 million LPWAN devices installed worldwide for smart buildings by 2028 an increase of 5X from 2022.
In this research service, we provide extensive market data on smart buildings. Your customized data includes 6-year market size forecasts for wireless connected devices (short-range WSN and LPWAN) and annual unit shipments by market as well as revenues for equipment and services.
MARKET SIZE FORECASTS:
ON World's granular building WSN market size forecasts are by market segment and application with breakdowns by technology and region. Our forecasts are continually updated and are customized to meet your specific needs.
Food Sales & Services
Lodging & Hospitality
Safety & Security
• Region: Global, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest of World
• Historical Data: 2 previous years
• Projections: 6 years including the current year
• Forecast unit(s): WSN device shipments and revenues (equipment and services)
• Target Markets: Office, Retail, Food Sales & Services, Lodging & Hospitality, Public Order, Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Warehouse, Data Centers
• Applications: HVAC/Energy, Lighting, Safety & Security, Asset Management, Others
• Technology (e.g. 802.15.4, WiFi, BLE, LPWAN, Others)
• Specific product segment(s)
• Product feature/function
• Market shares
Delivery Format: Excel
ECOSYSTEM RESEARCH DATA:
ON World's ecosystem research data is based on ongoing surveys with organizations across the whole building WSN value chain. Your dataset is customizable using our latest survey data or we can conduct a new survey(s) to investigate your unique market needs.
Examples of recently surveyed ecosystem segments include:
• Office buildings
• Food/beverage manufacturers
• Pharma/biotech manufacturers
• Automotive manufacturers
• Dairy farmers
• Industrial facilities
• Electric utilities
• Gas utilities
• Water utilities
• Sub-metering companies
• HVAC professional installers
• Lighting professional installers
• Whole-home automation installers
• Platform providers
• Device manufacturers
• Software developers
• Component suppliers
Delivery Format: PPT
Every year, ON World surveys thousands of individuals in the global IoT ecosystem including:
End User Datasets:
A few recently surveyed/analyzed companies include the following:
Advantech B+B SmartWorx
Distech Controls Inc.
Evolve Guest Controls
Golden Power Manufacturing
INNCOM International, Inc.
Inovonics Wireless Corporation
Parr Instrument Company
Sandia National Laboratories
Silver Spring Networks
TCS Basys Controls
Venture Lighting International
TD Next (Telecom Design)
The Button Corporation
Yokogawa Electric Co.
I. Ecosystem Analysis
Trends & Developments
Small & Medium Sized Buildings
Internet Connected Devices & Cloud Services
Wireless Lighting Controls
Market Forces & Drivers
Total Potential Market Sizing
The Value System
WSN Solutions (Application Areas)
Security & Safety
Professional Installer Survey Results
WSN Developers Survey Results
Trends & Developments
IP Addressable Sensors
II. Technologies & Standards
Short Range WSN
Low Power WiFi
Low Power Wide Area Networks
III. Value System
• Product segmentation
• Market leaders
• In-depth investigation and analysis of top 40 companies that are having the biggest impact on the building WSN ecosystem today.
• Current offerings, products and services, pricing, differentiators
• Financials, partners, go-to-market strategy
• Standards supported, software, tools, integration, key features...
IV. Primary Research
Conduct surveys with building IoT market stakeholders (e.g. facility managers, professional installers, utilities, real-estate developers)
Sample survey questions:
• Number of WSN Nodes Deployed
• Types of WSN Devices In-Use
• IoT Platform(s) Used
• Installation Method
• When Was First WSN Device Installed
• Primary Adoption Driver
• When Likely to Adopt
• Planned WSN Applications
• User Requirements (e.g. Sensors used, Duty cycles, Transmissions, Power, Range)
• Important/Most Important Features
• Reasons for Not Adopting
• Maximum Spending
V. Market Size Forecasts
• Market segmentation
• Financials/industry trends
• Geographical trends
• Forecast data models
• WSN device shipments
• Average sale prices (ASP)
• Average installation services
• Average recurring service costs/device
• Services revenues
About ON World:
ON World provides business intelligence on Internet of Things markets. Since 2003, our market research has been used by Fortune 1000 companies, investors and IoT developers worldwide.